A garment should live a long time, and that’s only possible if you care for it correctly. Aftercare has a big impact on both the longevity of the clothes and the environment. If you lower your washing temperature and line-dry your clothes, you can reduce your carbon footprint by up to 700 ,000 tonnes of CO2 annually. *Fashion Revolution.
That’s good news, because you can help us make a difference. And let’s be honest, you want your ECHTE clothes to last as long as possible too.
Here are some easy ways for you to make a difference in your everyday life.
Wash if needed
Not only will you save water and detergent, your clothes will last longer. Win-win.
Fill it up
Fill up your washing machine. It saves time too. What’s not to like?
Let it hang
Line-dry your clothes to save energy and your hard-earned money.
Set your washer to “cold” to save energy and let those colours shine bright longer.
Let it freeze
Throw your denim in the freezer for a day or two, and say goodbye to bacteria.
- The number in the wash tub specifies the maximum washing temperature. Typically, from 30-40 °C and the temperature should not be exceeded.
- One line below the wash tub means that the textiles should be washed on a gently washing cycle that adds more water and has a smaller load (max 2 kg of clothes) as well as a low spin cycle.
- Two lines below the wash tub mean that the textiles should be washed on an extra mild washing cycle, for example a wool cycle.
- Hand wash only at a Temperature of 30°C.
- The clothes must not be washed.
- Do not bleach.
- Drying in the tumble dryer is allowed.
- Drying in the tumble dryer is allowed at low temperatures.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Line drying.
- Flat drying.
- Line drying in the shade.
- Flat drying in the shade.
- The dots indicate the temperature for ironing. One dot means that the temperature must not exceed 110 °C, while two dots mean that a temperature that does not exceed 150 °C is allowed. Three dots mean ironing at maximum sole plate temperature of 200 °C.
- Do not iron.
Professional textile care
- Dry-cleaning is allowed.
- Mild dry-cleaning is allowed.
- Do not dry-clean.